5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reviewing cosplay at San Diego Comic-Con

WACKY WEB WEEK

Reviewing cosplay at San Diego Comic-Con

By Kathleen Atkins

Among the more arresting signs that a comic-book convention or anime festival is under way in a city are throngs of human beings dressed up as comic-book characters strolling streets or making their conspicuous way toward convention-hall meeting rooms.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/wacky-web-week/reviewing-cosplay-at-san-diego-comic-con/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, but I find this column almost always a waste of time and space that could be better used. Also note it is one of the few features that does not allow full - including negative - ratings.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We're sorry you feel that way about the Wacky Web Week column. We plan to continue it anyway--it's a Windows Secrets tradition, and it gets thousands of page views every week. You're free any time, however, to suggest topics you think more worthy of time and space than the Wacky. Send me an email at editor@windowssecrets.com.
    Best, Kathleen Atkins
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2013-08-07 at 14:37.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Nice feature; indeed, Comic-Con these days generally does have the best cosplay; years back, I would have said GenCon. Too bad the reporter was basically an idiot - and I'm being kind, this being a G-rated forum and all. Of what was shown, he was mostly shallow and insulting; but one example, the guy with the pen could have been a good bit, but instead got insulted as being a cheap-skate. The reel smacked of a local-station producer pointing at a tyro reporter and saying, "You, what's-your-name, grab a cameraman and bring me five on the costume nuts at the Comic convention thing."