Lounger
    Thanks

Question Looking for different intel Chipset families

My PC is a Gateway e4610 with Windows 7 64 bit. Without a video card installed, it runs on the intel on board graphics called Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family. My question is, are there other Intel idsplay adapters I can download and use for my Gateway PC? I can disable the Q965/Q963 in my Device Manager options. I wanted to do that, and then download a different Intel Display adapter Chip or Chipset for this PC.

Thanks
    You cannot download a different chip, chipset or display adapter, it's hardware, ie. a physical entity.

What you may be able to do is to add in a video card, however, given the PC brand is Gateway, you would probably need to buy a quality Power Supply Unit as Gateway usually fit the cheapest PSUs they can source. A 'bad' or weak PSU can cause damage to other components and can damage or destroy your data, too.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    You cannot download a different chip, chipset or display adapter, it's hardware, ie. a physical entity.

What you may be able to do is to add in a video card, however, given the PC brand is Gateway, you would probably need to buy a quality Power Supply Unit as Gateway usually fit the cheapest PSUs they can source. A 'bad' or weak PSU can cause damage to other components and can damage or destroy your data, too.
    Actually, I've heard Gateway PSU's can go up to 150 watts beyond their original specs. So my 275 would be able to max out at 400 or more. Anyways, I was just asking about the chip sets for reference in the future. Do you happen to know what on board chip set family the Dell Optiplex runs on?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Actually, I've heard Gateway PSU's can go up to 150 watts beyond their original specs. So my 275 would be able to max out at 400 or more. Anyways, I was just asking about the chip sets for reference in the future. Do you happen to know what on board chip set family the Dell Optiplex runs on?
    You will need to be more specific regarding model, as each different model may use a different chipset.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    You can only use those drivers specifically created for the specific chipset in question.
    The Dell OptiPlex, as Rui suggests, has many models that may differ in the chipsets the have.

If you cannot spot them on the Dell website while looking through specific makes, go to their driver download location
    and examine their specific chipset driver literature, or get the motherboard spec sheet.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.