Star Lounger
    Thanks

Beginners Question

Iím a beginning student working with Excel 2010. After you select your chart the Chart Tools Tab opens with three options, Design, Layout and Format. Is there a particular train of thought or reasoning I can use to help me remember which option to select or is it just memorization and practice? The three terms seem almost interchangeable to me and I seem to go on endless easter egg hunts sometimes.

Thanks
    plumber

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Consider the Design tab like you would an interior designer. A designer most likely would help plan color schemes (Styles), for example. Once you have the color schemes, you might want to put pictures on your wall (Titles, Labels, etc.) which would be your Layout. Tweaking the formatting might be useful of you wanted to fill a shape with texture, etc. (Format -- might want to think how Word treats formatting after you insert a shape, for example).

Good luck, neighbor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kweaver For This Useful Post:

plumber53 (2013-08-06)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the explination. I was trying to use a construction analogy to help. Design=Designer/Architec, the conceptual phase. Layout-field work, the physical location of footings, walls, fixtures. Format-Types of material to be used, redwood, fir, copper, abs, cast iron.
    I'm reviewing the chapter today and will see if your explination puts more "method" to the madness.
    Small world, it's La Mesa really.

Thanks again