New Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to access partition "D" in Win7

Strange problem:

After a crash (win7), I re-applied a previously saved image using Macrium Reflect which I have used successfully in the past.

Now I can no longer get into a partition, from windows, that has a library of music and photos.
    Windows says I must re-format it.

I can also dual boot into Linux Mint, from which I have complete access to that partition.

Some advice as to how to re-configure the mystery partition so it's available again through Windows would be appreciated.

tia

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I assume you went into Disk Manager and mounted the partition and Windows said it needs formatting. Sounds like part of the windows directory structure was corrupted, but apparently Mint doesn't mind. My recommendation is to go into Mint, backup the entire partition to an external drive (just copying the files is fine, no need to use a backup utility), then in Windows reformat the partition and restore the files. Even if you plan on using a utility (such as fdisk) to attempt to fix the directory structure you should still make the backup before attempting anything.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks cafed00d.
    Before I posted here, I had googled and found several alternative suggestions (leave windoze lol)
    Your recommendation was made elsewhere also.
    So that's what I'm gonna do.