New Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for (free) uninstaller for Win XP

Somehow I got a bad installation of a program (VS 2003). It is so bad the the Windows uninstaller cannot uninstall it. I have an uninstaller but it can't do its job without the Windows Uninstall running first; and, in this case it won't run. I am looking for an uninstaller that can remove it without monitoring the default uninstall processes or without monitoring the install process - too late for that. A free program would be nice, but free is not required. All suggestions appreciated.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Revo Free http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html. Is that what you have? Revo does use the windows uninstaller but should be able to go beyond that if it fails.

Thanks
    At times I have had to reinstall the app in question in order to be able to then uninstall it. This might be worth a try. Revo does indeed use the app's or Windows uninstaller first then finds leftover items. If the app's uninstall or Windows uninstaller will not run the uninstall first then the entire operation may fail as well.

An app such as CCleaner can be used to find portions of the uninstalled app to assist in the cleanup, but this brute force approach may be quite time consuming.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to both of you. I did try the program's installation repair function, then tried to uninstall it. No luck. I am thinking I'll have to manually delete the program's folders, edit the registry as best I can, then hope a registry cleaner will get rid of what I miss.
    I have a copy of MyUninstaller Pro, but like Revo it wants the regular uninstaller to run first, then it will clean up anything left over. It invokes the program's uninstall then waits for that to finish, which it does with error message. I should have reinstalled MyUninstaller when I began rebuilding this system, then it would have the "before install" snapshot to work with...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cawolfe42 View Post
    I did try the program's installation repair function, then tried to uninstall it. No luck. I am thinking I'll have to manually delete the program's folders, edit the registry as best I can, then hope a registry cleaner will get rid of what I miss.
    cawolfe,

Hello.. There is a program that i have used for years that will do what you want ...It's a very powerful program ..so use with care .. "Cause" it will remove anything that you point it to.

1. The program will continue to "Un-Install " even if there is no Un-Installer included with the program ..You can then continue to remove all registry keys if you want

2. The program will make a "Backup " before running the "Un-Install " bit...If you want

3. Basically the program analyzes your OS You then can analyze any individual program and see everywhere that it installed to

4. Take a "look see" Total Un-Install Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    PlainFred,

Thanks, I'll give it a try. If it works, I might even pay for continued use....

I used the trial version and it worked perfectly. I'm really happy right now!

Charles
    Last edited by cawolfe42; 2013-08-07 at 23:55. Reason: Adding a needed sentence. Fix spelling error.