New Lounger
    Thanks

Toolbar not available (97 SR2a)

When in an exiting document or creating a new document header or footer, the Header and Footer toolbar is not available. it is listed in the list of toolbars but is greyed out and is not selectable. How can I get the toolbar back? I am operating in an NT4 network environment

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Toolbar not available (97 SR2a)

Hi Terry,

It's a bit hard to visualize what you're seeing - are you saying that you create a new document, click on View > Header and Footer, the Header/Footer then opens up but the Header and Footer toolbar isn't visible?

Also, where is the list of toolbars that includes the Header and Footer toolbar? - I have Word 2000 so it may be different, but the list of toolbars visible via View > Toolbars doesn't list the Header and Footer toolbar anyway.

Far as I know the Header and Footer toolbar is never available unless you're in the Header/Footer.

Gary

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

When you say 'creating a new header/footer', do you mean you have clicked on View, Header/Footer, or just that you *want* to create a new one? 'Cos, as Gary says, the header/footer toolbar is only available when you are *in* the header/footer - you don't use it to get in - that's View, header/footer.
    Beryl M

New Lounger
    Thanks

Your right - the toolbar is only visable when you are actually in a header or footer, and when you right click on a blank toolbar area and get the list of toolbars you can't unselect the header and footer toolbar (normally), in this case it was greyed out and could not be selected (turned on).
    The ggod news is that it is all working now - the problem was related to something in the NT profile - a new profile has fixed the problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks - see response to Gary