5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can NVIDIA's GeForce Experience enhance gaming?

BEST PRACTICES

Can NVIDIA's GeForce Experience enhance gaming?

By Ryan Matthew Pierson

With its GeForce Experience software, NVIDIA wants to give computer gamers the ultimate experience when battling alien invaders and other nefarious types.
    The software can download new graphics drivers and set the best configuration for specific games, but it might not offer everything hard-core gamers hoped for.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/best-practices/can-nvidias-geforce-experience-enhance-gaming/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Experienced gamers know that in-game tweaks will always be more precise than generic external settings, even those provided by the video driver manufacturer. In the case of the new GeForce Experience, my experience was one of crudely overridden settings and even system hangs outside of the game due to an automatically updated driver. After removing GeForce Experience, manually reapplying all my in-game settings and rolling back the driver updates, my system is finally back to where I started. Gamers should be aware that even the smallest updates can ruin your fun!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My fellow Austinite,

You have a great point there. Driver updates are always a bit of a gamble. On one hand, they could solve every problem under the sun for you. On the other: They could pretty much brick your system if anything goes wrong. Your point is quite valid, and I'm glad you made it here. Thank you.