New Lounger
    Thanks

Installing m500 ssd in an acer one d255e.

I want to install my m500 120gb ssd into this acer aspire one d255e NETBOOK no optical drive. I just downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect disk imaging. I have the usb 2.0 sata conversion cables and need some advice if anyone has done this. I want to create an image of the existing hdd in the aspire one and transfer it to the ssd via the cables provided utilizing the Macrium Reflect program.
    Last edited by Matthias; 2013-08-08 at 05:02. Reason: adding the word "Netbook"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Did you get the conversion cables from Crucial? If so, did you get their conversion software as well?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I want to install my m500 120gb ssd into this acer aspire one d255e NETBOOK no optical drive. I just downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect disk imaging. I have the usb 2.0 sata conversion cables and need some advice if anyone has done this. I want to create an image of the existing hdd in the aspire one and transfer it to the ssd via the cables provided utilizing the Macrium Reflect program.
    Matthias,

Hello... this is the way i would proceed...

1. Plug the SSD into the USB ( various cable adapters, Docks, cradles, etc.Example) and using Computer Management> Disk Management.. format the SSD for NTFS MBR . ( not sure what you are using now ..GPT \MBR ) i hate GPT!..If you have GPT you will have to stick with it ...unless you do a few more steps.

2. Give the drive a name \ Letter assignment, and set it to "Primary Active"

3. Using Macrium Reflect "Clone" your HD to the SSD ... when it finishes shut down get your screwdriver and "Swap-Em-out" Regards Fred
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2013-08-09 at 06:50.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)