New Lounger
    Thanks

Evoluent 4 mouse causes pages to flutter as they open or close

Evoluent 4 mouse installed correctly. Using Windows 7 (64 bit). In printers and devices, mouse appears as Evoluent 4 mouse. In device manager, it appears twice as an HID compliant device. When I use IE8 to open or close a web page, the page flutters slowly. I have tried a clean boot and the problem remained. I have deleted the mice in device manager, but both appearances are there at the next re-boot. I called Evoluent support and all they could tell me was they showed the evoluent mouse in device manager rather than HID compliant device.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    What appears on device manager is not really relevant, IMO, if there are no warnings about the device. Microsoft's own mice appear with that very same notation - HID compliant device. Don't think I saw anything different.

Does IE 8 behave better without the mouse?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If I use my old mouse, everything is fine, one other problem that occurs, is if I try to play a song in Windows Media Device, it stutters while playing. This page flutter doesn't occur every time I reboot my computer, it might be fine for a day or two before it starts. When pages open quickly, everything works normally. Microsoft states that the Evoluent 4 mouse is compatible with Windows 7.

Administrator
    Thanks
    You think all those troubles are caused by the mouse? If so, what makes you think they are?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui,
    Because they started after installing the Evoluent mouse, and they go away if I use my old mouse. I really want to use the Evoluent mouse because it's vertical and easier on my wrist.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you tried to open task manager, when that happens and check the amount of cpu percentage being taken used by each process? I find it hard that a mouse would cause such effect, unless you had a very defective driver.
    Rui
    -------
    R4