5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Google Toolbar For IE

I have just installed the latest 32 bit version of Google Toolbar for IE (7.5.4209.2358). Should I also install the latest 64 bit version, and if so I would appreciate a download link, as I could not find one on the Google Toolbar site.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't think there is a 64-bit Google Toolbar:

The differences between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer can affect toolbar add-ins and Microsoft ActiveX controls. For example, 32-bit toolbar add-ins do not work in the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer. These add-ins include the MSN toolbar, the AOL toolbar, the eBay toolbar, and the Google toolbar. You can install 32-bit toolbars in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer. However, the 32-bit toolbars will not appear in the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.

For example, when you start the Setup program for the 32-bit Google toolbar in the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer, the Google Setup program closes the 64-bit Internet Explorer window. The Google Setup program opens a new 32-bit Internet Explorer window when setup is completed. The Google toolbar appears in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer, and the toolbar works correctly. The 32-bit Google toolbar is not installed in the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.

Differences between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer

Bruce

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

royw (2013-08-07)