New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Live Mail 2011 and Microsoft Account

I have 9 computers (numerous desktops and several laptops, all running Windows 7). I have windows live mail on 5 of the computers; no email on the other systems dedicated to specific software tasks such as remote control flight simulators, photo editing and movie development, etc.

I created a Microsoft Account, based on the minimal marketing info provided by Microsoft. Searching for a Windows Live Mail 2011 user guide has not been successful. I do not have the same email contacts on any of the computers.

Microsoft Account replaced all my dedicated email contacts on the 5 computers in my Home Group. I also use Windows Home Server for backup, but am unable to re-install dedicated contacts from backups. There appears to be no way to create separate email contact lists in WLM.

Is there a way to get rid of Microsoft Account without losing all my contacts or recover the contacts that Microsoft Account has deleted? I have not been able to remove Microsoft Account from the computer it was first installed on. If I do not sign in to Microsft Account I am denied access to my email contacts on that one computer. Can anyone shed some light on Microsoft's scheme and how to deal with these issues?
    Last edited by steve1916; 2013-08-09 at 10:14.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Setting WLM to "Stop signing in" at Options, Mail, Connection and restarting WLM solved the issue for a few people:

Contacts completely missing after Windows Live Mail Update (last three posts)

Bruce

Thanks
    Hi Steve,

Go to 'Programs and Features' & click the link bottom right as in my image.

Untitled.jpg
    Click image to enlarge it.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.