New Lounger
    Thanks

Sending e-mail from Hotmail on ipad

My problem is that I send e-mail from my hotmail account on the ipad, and it shows up in the sent folder there. When I access the e-mail through Windows Live mail, however, although I see the mail coming in, I cannot see the sent mail in my sent mail folder in WLM.
    Everything else seems to work fine. I called Apple, and they said everything seems to work fine in the ipad, so I should post to Microsoft's community site for help there. That was several days ago, and so far nothing.
    Any ideas? Or is this just the way it works when I tell Hotmail that I'm using POP to access my e-mail through WLM?

Allan

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Pop mail works locally and only the mail sent via the pop mail client will be saved in the Sent folder. If you want to syncronize Hot Mail with multiple computers or tablets, you need to access Hot Mail via an HTTP account in WLM.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Jerry

I'm not sure what an http account in WLM means. I noticed that there is a pop folder in Outlook when I log on using the browser, and the mail in it does not appear in the general e-mail account.

I thought I had set things up properly using instructions I was given from someone who seemed to know what he was doing.

Allan

Thanks
    The default account when you add an account with a hotmail address is an HTTP account. You can also manually set up a POP account. The HTTP account will keep all email on the Hotmail server until it is deleted. A Pop account will download all the email from the server and keep it locally unless you check a special "Leave a copy on server" option in account settings. You can see what type of account you have by going to:
    File > Options > Email accounts, highlight your hotmail account and click on the properties button. Then click on the server tab. If you have an HTTP account, it will say so. If you have a pop account, you will see a bunch of fields for incoming and outgoing servers.

Jerry