Lounger
    Thanks

Several Excel 2010 ?s: mostly editing hyperlinked text issues

Working in a spreadsheet and the cell font is Arial 9. Whenever I embed a hyperlink to any text in a cell, the font changes to Calibri 11. Worse, when I switch it back to Arial 9, then save and close, I often notice that it is back to Calibri 11 again~!

Also, how can I remove my name such that when I write a comment in a cell, my name doesn't appear at the start of the comment. We're using comments for explanatory text so my name shouldn't appear. I tried to remove it by going to Options>General>Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office>removed my name from the User name field, and then pressed OK to close the options window. That didn't work. On a related note, I wrote my name lowercase and want to correct it so that the first letter is uppercase. I tried as I just described, but that didn't work.

Two more questions:

Is there a way to stop Excel from trying to open a hyperlink when clicking on a cell with hyperlinked text in it? I need to edit the font and underline properties, but whenever I try to select portions of the text, the hyperlink windows open, and I cannot regain cursor control in the cell until I have closed the pop up windows. But by then I have lost the cursor control. In a sentence with an embedded hyperlink, I am trying to underline two words, but cannot due to the above.

Finally, is it possible to adjust an Excel setting so that hyperlinks don't get automatically underlined or shaded blue?

Thanks.

PS- Another question...once hyperlinks have been clicked on, the font changes from light blue to a light purple. Is there a way to switch it back/reset it to light blue again? The problem is that when I close and reopen the file, that light purple color remains. I encoutner this with Word and PDF docs too. I want the client or potential employer to be seeing a consistent light blue color across all hyperlinks, since the combination looks unpolished.
    Last edited by benjo; 2013-08-09 at 14:40.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Benjo,

Maybe this will help with the font problem. Change Hyperlink Style. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Benjo,

There is some code here that may help. Please note you have to scroll down a bit to find it. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs