2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 problem

This morning when I tried to send something from Outlook 2007 Norton informed me that my Internet carrier considered it spam.
    My computer is a desktop with Windows Pro 8 in 64 bits
    My wife was on her Gateway laptop when she, also using Outlook 2007, tried to send something. A error menu came up saying it was not sent and for her to check the address for correct spelling. It was correct.
    My carrier is Charter.net. I went to their online mail program and tried sending something to my wife. An error menu popped up telling me that I did not have the email written correctly and to check my spelling. It was correct.
    I called our carrier and explained the problem. They went into my email program and sent something to my wife as a test. It worked for them. However, it will not work for either my desktop or my wife's laptop. Since Charter, using my email address could send, they determined it was not something wrong with their system, but something on both of our computers that needed tweeking. What, I don't know.
    My wife's lap uses Windows firewall and anti-virus program. I use Norton 360. I contacted Norton and found out that their program only notifies me when an email will not go through.
    I have thought of removing Outlook 2007 and reinstalling it, but if I do, I know I'm going to have to go through red tape with MS to validate it. The setup that I have has never had this problem. I thought of removing all the updates for Office 2007 to see if that would change anything, but Win 8 doesn't seem to offer me a way to do that. At least I haven't figured it out yet.
    I have used Malwarebytes, Norton, Windows Defender, and a couple of other systems to scan both computers online, but nothing appears. I used Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit program and it found nothing.
    So, I need help. If no one has any suggestions that will straighten things out, I need to know how to get my Outlook database over to gmail or hotmail.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Not too long ago my wife had a similar problem with email from a couple of people out of town. I tried everything I could think of - uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2010, installing Office 2013, a new email profile for her, and hours on the phone with Charter. Charter supposedly "reset" her email a couple of times. Whatever that is supposed to mean. No matter what she could not receive email from these senders. Finally, I setup an outlook.com email address for her, set her Charter email to automatically forward everything to the outlook.com address and then configured Outlook to get the email from outlook.com. She has been fine ever since although some people she emails are confused by the Outlook.com address. She has had to tell a few they can use either address.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, thanks for your response. My problem is not in receiving, but in sending. It just will not go out. If it was just my desktop, I probably would have already reverted back to a former save, but it is both my desktop and my wife's laptop. Both happened at the same time. But, would you walk me through the steps to set up an Outlook.com email program? A friend helped me with Imap some time ago, so if that also is involved, walk me through that too. I am afraid on some things I'm still a rank amateur. If you have the time to do that, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again for your response.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Using a browser go to Outlook.com and register as a user. It is the new name & look for Hotmail. If you have a Hotmail.com, Live.com, or MSN.com address you use the same UI. Then you have a choice to use either the browser or setup an account in Outlook.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, I had the same problem and found that my A/V program was the cause. I unchecked the outgoing email checker and all was OK again.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. My problem apparently were a number of programs that no longer worked and for some reason affected Outlook from sending anything without it being kicked back on me.