Thanks

Application Installer

I am trying to install some downloaded printer software from Brother. I keep getting this error message:

Capture.JPG

Brother tech support, which is typically very competent, tells me that Application Installer is something from Microsoft. Googling Application Installer doesn't get anything like that.

When I follow the path in the error message, I DO get an Application Installer, but it's from Macrovision, Inc. I have NOT launched it to see if there's anything else I can learn.

I am mystified by this whole situation. Who can clear up the mystery?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    From: https://www.brother-usa.com/FAQs/Sol...S2000&Keyword=

Note: If you are getting this error message Cannot Start Application Installer. C:\Users\<Logon Name>\Downloads\install\data\Disk1\Setup.exe /clone_wait /I0x0009 while installing the Scanner software. Please use Windows Explorer (or double click on My Computer or Computer icon) to go to this path => C:\Users\<Logon Name>\Downloads\install\data\Disk1 and then double click on Setup.exe.

In your case, use Windows Explorer, navigate to the location of your setup.exe file, and double click on it.

Jerry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

Lou Sander (2013-08-11)

Thanks
    Hey, you know more about this than the Brother chat tech did! Problem solved.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    Glad I could help.

Jerry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Lou,

That's why Jerry gets paid the BIG BUCKS as a Super Moderator! I'm going to recommend his salary gets doubled for this one!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Lou,

That's why Jerry gets paid the BIG BUCKS as a Super Moderator! I'm going to recommend his salary gets doubled for this one!
    RG, I notice that you, too, are a Super Moderator. I'm guessing that there is some ulterior motive here.

Thanks
    Lou,

Bruce, Jerry's all over the boards with all manner of useful information. I recommend tripling his salary!
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Jim,

Not getting anything past you are we? I'm not very good at math though so maybe you can help out. Just what is ZERO doubled or even tripled for that matter?
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    I'll take what ever I can get.

Jerry

Thanks
    Jim,

Not getting anything past you are we? I'm not very good at math though so maybe you can help out. Just what is ZERO doubled or even tripled for that matter?
    I think zero doubled is something like oh-oh.

Thanks
    Hey, I'm not complaining in any way, and in fact I'm enjoying the conversation, but I want to inform you guys of something you may not realize is going on:

Every time somebody posts something to this thread, I get a copy of it, along with a link to the comment, PLUS a warning that if I don't visit the board and read the comment, I won't get any more email reminders of new posts. I'm perfectly OK with all of this, but I wanted to be sure you guys know about it. Some lesser beings (!) may see a jocular comment, fail to visit the board, then be cut off from subsequent posts that solve their problem, answer their question, cure the common cold, etc.

Also, I'm wondering if there's a way that I can make my default settings include sending me immediate emails in response to new posts. I've looked and don't find it. This board is so important to me that I don't ever want to miss a reply to one of my questions.

And as further evidence of my goodwill regarding your comments, I want to go on record as endorsing ALL the salary increases mentioned in this thread, either above or below this one.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    I'm just happy to have helped. By default, you will receive a notification of the first post made after you submit a new thread. You don't get a notification for subsequent posts in order to prevent mailbox saturation. It will reset when you read the thread again, so you shouldn't miss out on any posts. The setting options can be accessed by:
    Clicking on settings next to Welcome Lou Sander at the top of this page
    Click on General settings on the left hand side
    Click on the drop down arrow next to Default Thread Subscription Mode.

The other available settings are less frequent.

Jerry

Thanks
    You can also choose Lounge / Quick Links / Subscribed Threads at the very top of the screen to see if anyone has posted to threads you have posted to.

Thanks
    There has been a development in my original question/problem. None of the suggestions made here really worked. I persisted with Brother's chat people, and didn't accept their answer that "it's a problem with your operating system". I ended up reinstalling the drivers from the original disk, with some help from Brother's chat person, who kindly offered to call me on the phone when her chat shift was over. She did so, then she talked me, step-by-step through the install procedure. (Maybe I could have done it myself, but I was REALLY frustrated and angry, and I wanted those folks to actually help me, rather than making excuses.)

In the end, I got my drivers installed, and the printer is working again. I give Brother a big Attaboy for their help, even though I had to wring it out of them.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA