Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 Shared Folders

I have a folder on my Win 7 32 bit desktop computer that is shared with my Win 7 64 bit desktop computer and with my Win 7 64 bit laptop. Permissions for Everyone is set to full control on all 3, but when I try to copy files from the Win 7 32 bit computer folder to the other 2 computers I am told "access denied". If anyone can tell me how to resolve this problem I would be grateful.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Security tab permissions as well? In 7, even if you create a file and save to your documents and then move that file to the public folder for sharing, security permissions on that file won't allow it to be copied or opened over a network, but one can move that file from that computer to any other computer with full sharing set on that folder and then those security permissions are stripped so Everyone truly can copy and move. GBXP for not getting in my way all the time with these nuisances.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks F.U.N. downtown. Before I read your post I solved the problem. I found that although permissions for Everyone were set to full control in Advanced Sharing for the folder, the permissions in Sharing for Everyone were set to read. I changed that to read/write and that worked. I would have thought that Advanced Sharing permissions would automatically override Sharing permissions, and I imagine many others would too, but now I know better. Another Microsoft anomaly.

Regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread