Star Lounger
    Thanks

After Feb update Tuesday IE10 not displaying some pages

ARGH!! Feb patch Tuesday is keeping IE10 from displaying some pages. QuickBooks uses the installed IE to render pages and connectivity. Credit card processing is broken. Trying to find help from MS for patches is worse than trying to find a needle in a haystack. Same with QuickBooks. I had a problem with yahoo groups, but trying to find a way to email support is even worse. I'm sure that the tightened security is causing a problem but I have no idea where to look! I hate wasting time even more than the seemingly constant fixing!
    Don
    Windows 7 64bit, Intel Core2 Quad 2.4 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, nVidia 9500 GT, 1230 GB HD

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks

Thanks
    Try adding the troublesome pages to Compatibility View:
    Gear icon > Compatibility View Settings

Jerry

Thanks
    You should be more secure if you implement the workarounds in the Vulnerability Information section of the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-010 - Critical, even if you have to uninstall that patch.
    Internet Explorer Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability - CVE-2014-0268
    VBScript Memory Corruption Vulnerability - CVE-2014-0271
    Internet Explorer Cross-domain Information Disclosure Vulnerability - CVE-2014-0293
    Multiple Memory Corruption Vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer
    It'll involve a number of clicks on page load for any site that needs Scripting/Activex, etc, only enable them on known safe/Trusted sites.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No wonder I couldn't find an update for IE. I had to search the installed updates for kb2909921 which is named Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2909921).

Thanks to JoeP for giving me the KB to search for, satrow for the link to the bulletin and suggesting the workarounds.

While viewing the bulletin, I looked at the mitigating factors for each vulnerability and concluded that since I always use a regular user account and follow best practices for web related activity that I could safely uninstall the update. I did and everything that broke, now works.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    Last edited by DonH.; 2014-02-13 at 12:06.
    Don
    Windows 7 64bit, Intel Core2 Quad 2.4 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, nVidia 9500 GT, 1230 GB HD