3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Busy servers in Google

This is a continual issue. When doing a Google search, the first 1 or 2 results come up with an error. Google is known for coming up with the correct search result early in the search results so why does this keep happening? I am seriously thinking I might switch to Bing as my primary search engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    As your screenshot clearly shows, advertising is a priority for Google, as it is for Bing. Why don't you trial a cleaner search engine, such as DuckDuckGo?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I may try that, however my complaint is not the ads, it is the error message. Just take me there @#$%!!

Thanks
    Well, that error could be caused by an add-on or other privacy-based software.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    Well, that error could be caused by an add-on or other privacy-based software.
    Exactly what I thought at first blush, especially if you can get to other pages without a problem.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Nope, tried Firefox in Safe mode and still get the same issue. Have the same issue while using IE Tab. Not sure how to complain to Google as they try and deflect any contact attempts.

Thanks
    Try using startpage.com for your searches. They strip out all identifying info, then feed your search request through Google.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried the startpage one and typed in fly.com and went to the 1st site listed and got the same error page as posted above. Fly.com is 1 of many searches which bring up dead links.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldb View Post
    Tried the startpage one and typed in fly.com and went to the 1st site listed and got the same error page as posted above. Fly.com is 1 of many searches which bring up dead links.
    The top link is frequently advertising, which is why I queried add-ins and privacy software.

I tried fly.com in DuckDuckGo, I got a Wikipedia hit #1, advert purporting to be Amazon #2, fly.com.sg official home page #3 and the (www.)fly.com site in #4. The differences between the 4 are quite clear on the search page.

If I got to the 'Amazon' link (actually r.msn.com = a Bing advert?), my security/privacy software silently blocks it, I see a blank page. This, I feel, is great - when looking up details of a website, why would I want to buy shoes ("fly and shoes" seemed to be the search phrase passed on)?
    Last edited by satrow; 2013-08-15 at 09:30.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did add Duckduckgo to my list of search engines. Heard of it before, but never tried it. Usually use Google, but my frustration level is growing.