3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2 questions re Windows Live Movie Maker & Nero 11 Video

Windows Live Movie Maker in its latest incarnation has the few features I need, except one. After importing and editing the videocam segments, creating opening and closing text areas (and setting the background color and text including options like scroll), fading sound in and out at the beginning and end of the videos, adding special transitions I try rendering the Movie Maker file, either as a playable file for us with pcs or as a YouTube entry. Some segments invariably show considerable image break-up, EXCEPT the first time I reused the suite after rebuilding it -- then it worked fine: after giving up on regular approaches to repair, I downloaded the system and reinstalled it (portion of Windows Essentials), and the first rendering worked fine. I could not repeat this success with this or other projects. And Windows blocks me from trying another reset and reinstall because it says I have the most recent software and apparently doesn't support repair installs; if I uninstall, I may lose many setting, etc.

After trying unsuccessfully with Windows Live Movie Maker, I tried reading the Movie Maker files into Nero 11, but (even in advanced mode) I lost background color, the transition animation, etc.

Is there a solution to either of these problems?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried Nerovision to begin and process a project without involving WMM? I sounds like WMM cannont handle all the special items you are placing in the video and that Nero is not compatible with all those customizations, but I would think that a project started in Nero would be ok.
    I don't know why a fresh install only worked once. You might try creating a new user account and see if the program renders again correctly. If so, that would tell you there is something about your user account (settings) that impacts the process. I always check from another user account and fairly often is it some user setting that is causing a problem since it works fine in the other user account.

Thanks
    This may help.. Video Pad Editor
    I use it..Free for personal use....http://www.nchsoftware.com/index.html
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to you both.
    I've tried Nero 12.5 video editor on another pc with the same results, so I have to conclude that Nero's claim re accepting Windows Movie Maker files as input is hollow. I've ordered another editor from a different company.