New Lounger
    Thanks

Page Down in Firefox not working correctly

I have a weird problem that ONLY happens when I open the (paid) newsletter in Firefox (20.0.1). I will open it, read the first 'screen' then press PAGE DOWN. It goes down. I read some more (not touching any keys) and press PAGE DOWN again. It jumps back up to almost the top of the original opening page (about 2 lines down from the top). I press PAGE DOWN and it goes down as expected. But once again a PAGE DOWN takes me back to almost the top of the original page. If I use the arrow key to go down it works fine and I can also scroll down. But as soon as I press the PAGE DOWN key - there it goes to almost the top. And if I scroll down any distance and press the PAGE UP key to go up a page, I again jump to the top.

AND, here is a real kicker - although the up/down arrow keys work when I first go to the page, if I first press PAGE DOWN a couple of times and then try to use the down arrow key, it will NOT WORK. It gets stuck on that 3 line in the opening page! I must first scroll down and then the arrow key will work!

I do NOT see this happen on any of the other 100s of sites I view/read - it only happens while reading Windows Secrets in a browser window. If I open it in IE, the PAGE UP/DOWN keys works fine, so the issue is an incompatibility with Firefox and Windows Secrets. Of course I could use IE or try another browser but I like Firefox (and this version - don't want to upgrade).

Has anyone else seen this problem? This only started happening in about the past 3-4 newsletters.

Thanks

Frank
    Last edited by FMinMI; 2013-08-15 at 09:47.

Thanks
    [PgUp] and [PgDn], as well as the [Up], [Dn], [Lt] and [Rt] arrow keys all work as you would expect them to in the latest version of Firefox, 23.0.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpywareDr For This Useful Post:

FMinMI (2013-08-15)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.

I know that version 23.0 is available but when I upgraded I didn't like some of the changes they made so I restored back to the previous version I had. I then did some testing and found that version 22.0 did not have the changes I hated so I upgraded to it. But the PAGE keys in that version are not working correctly either, and only for the newsletter - every other site I visit and use the PAGE keys on work fine so I have to believe there is something 'wrong' with the coding of the newsletter and Firefox. Very strange.

I hope someone from Windows Secrets sees this and takes a look at it. I cannot believe I am the only one with an issue...

Thanks
    Can you download and test it with Pale Moon please - it's Firefox -based but uses its' own profile, it also doesn't have many of Firefox's more restrictive changes applied to it: http://www.palemoon.org/

Thanks
    Just tried it with Firefox 22.0 here (on XP Pro) and everything works as you would expect.

Does anything change after pressing [F7] once?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, SpyawareDr! I had a different problem with Page Up, Page Dn, and arrow up and down keys in FireFox 25.0.1 on an XP Pro Dell Latitude D620, but pressing F7 once cleared it all up. If you have the time, what gives?

Thanks
    You're welcome jamiedb. And, same 'ol.