New Lounger
    Thanks

Corrupt Display (Word 2000)

Hi there

I have a client running Windows ME on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 using Word 2000. When they scroll through a Word document there are times that the display of the document becomes corrupted in that they cannot read the document. I have tried altering resolutions, refresh rates etc but to no avail. Can anyone cast any light on this problem.

Regards

Billy

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Corrupt Display (Word 2000)

Hi Billy,

This sounds like it may be a graphics driver problem (sorry I don't know how to go about checking this...)

Gary

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Is this happening with any other Office suite programs (Excel, Project, Visio, etc.)? Is it happening with any other non-Office suite program? I'm with Gary...it's probably a driver problem. I'd visit the manufacturer's web site and download and install the latest driver.

New Lounger
    Thanks

We have encountered refresh issues before with Word 2000. The behavior displayed itself for some documents and not others. We were able to narrow down the differences between the files to a graphic layer used by Word that will not perform well under certain hardware circumstances. We presented our findings to Microsoft but did not get any answers. My best guess is that it is somehow related to processor or graphic card speed.

To confirm that you have the same issue we had, save an offending document to html. open the document in a text editor and locate the following

delete and open the document back in word, save it as a word document. If the refresh issue is gone, you have the same issue we had. Please note that this is not a solution to the refresh problem, but if this is the case, maybe more pressure can be exerted on Microsoft to yield some answers.

Vick

New Lounger
    Thanks

Vick

Thanks for the reply but part of your message seems tp have dispapeared. I think there is something mssing between the word "following" and "delete and open". Can you report please.

Regards

Billy.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Gary,

I too thought that, but the problem is that it is only just started. This problem has never appeared before. No changes have been made to the installaton, as I am aware, but will get the latest drivers, install them and see what happens.

Regards

Billy

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hi Billy,

In that case I guess there are some other questions to ask: does this now occur with any and all documents, or just some or just one? Are there any particular elements in the document(s) which seem to trigger this problem - in particular, does the corrupt display seem to center around section breaks or tables? ('cause if it's just a particular document, it could just be a corrupt document...)

Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks

Interesting, the Post automatically deleted what I had pasted. I don't seem to be able to easily paste something in this edit box. This seems to be because it contains html characters as I cannot even type it in the block as the post keeps deleting it. I have included it as a text file attachment

Vick
    Attached Files Attached Files