New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 'Limited Connectivity' error message

Hello-

This is my first post here. I have a Win7 PC and Outlook 2010.

I have this Limited Connectivity message and don't know what to do to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

2013-08-15_151510.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    lPenner,

Welcome to the lounge as a new poster.

This does not appear to be a problem with Outlook but rather a problem with your connectivity to the internet.
    Possibly, your ISP mail server could be offline. Or you could have a DNS problem finding your mail server.
    Notice the X on the Action Center icon. I'd check these out and see what the problem is there first.
    Since you posted here it seems like you have some internet connectivity unless you posted from a different machine. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello.

Thank you for the welcome and reply.

There does not seem to be any real connectivity issue. This message has been there for several weeks annoying me. In that time, I freely send and receive emails, browse the web. The machine is a laptop. It uses one ISP during the workday and a different ISP in the evenings when I'm home. The Limited Connectivity annoyance is there in both locations.

The X warning is on Lenovo's Action Center alerting me that the Windows Security Center Service is turned off.

I have Hotmail connector installed. Outlook syncs to a Windows Live account.

I'm sorry to be a bit of an ignoramus on this issue. The whole configuration of Outlook, Windows Live and a work POP3 account was set up by one of my sons.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Are you by any chance using a Wired connection at one location and a Wireless connection at the other? This could cause the message to appear at both locations. You could try going into Network & Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings and then disabling the connection you aren't using and then see if the message is gone. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No. I uses a dock and wired connection at both work and at home.