New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Error code:0x80070035 Windows cannot access \\MyPCName

I have started to get this error a few weeks ago on 1 of the PC`s on my home network. - I cannot access the other PC`s by their name - only IP address (which can change as they are dynamic). This worked fine before
    BTW - the home network is 3 Win 7 PC`s

If one searches the web, this occurs with all versions of WINDOWS from XP to Win 8.
    There are a zillion solutions, none of which work for me (tried many). Only thing left is to call the manufacturer and/or restore factory settings

So before I take that step, has anyone found the definitive solution?

Thanks in advance

Larry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I fear those situations are quite hard to solve. I experienced one that was only solved when I performed a non destructive Windows repair install (didn't do it because of the issue, but it was solved afterwards).
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Larry,

Here's the MS Knowledge Base Article of fixing the IP stack. If you scroll down you'll find the Fixit button or you can do it manually. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

Larry98765Ottawa (2013-08-20)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link to the Microsoft fix program. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I still am not able to attach to the other computers on the home group using the computer name. I also get the same error :-(

So my next step is to contact Lenovo and spend goodness knows how long on the telephone

However, there is a silver lining in every cloud. I was able to use the Microsoft fix it utilities on another computer to correct some problems with Windows Explorer. So many thanks for introducing me to that unknown gem.
    Thanks
    Larry
    Last edited by Larry98765Ottawa; 2013-08-21 at 12:14. Reason: additional info