New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010 generates an annoying "ding" everytime I double click a message

So I've just migrated to a new Windows 7 machine with Office Pro 2010 and even before the recent SP Update, Outlook will produce a very annoying "ding" sound when I open a message by double clicking the mouse or double tapping the touch pad. If I cursor down to a message and open it using the "enter" key, no sound is produced. Does this mean my Outlook is corrupted or is it supposed to do that? Can I get rid of the "ding" sound? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    declausse,

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster.

I do not get this behavior on my Win 8 Pro / Office 2010 Pro SP2 system. I also can't find a setting for it in File -> Options.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    RG - Thanks for the reply. I've searched about everywhere I can think of for an answer and it appears I'm the only one with this issue :-( I'm thinking of trying to do a repair of office. Any thoughts on that??

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    See if this can be of any help: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...010080732.aspx

If it is not, maybe check your system sounds, as well, and look for the setting(s) that has ding.wav specified as the sound file. One of those settings may be the one responsible for your situation.

Not sure that a repair would fix this, but if nothing else works, you can try.
    Rui
    -------
    R4