Thread: Flash Drive

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Flash Drive

I recently bought a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16 GB. I converted it from FAT to NTSF. I use it for my carry-around-with-me backup device.

Today I copied my data files to it. When I clicked on My Computer, it appeared, but not where I expected to see it. It appeared under the Hard Disk Drive heading, instead of the Devices with Removable Storage heading. I have other flash drives that Iíve changed to NTSF, and they appear under the Devices with Removable Storage heading.

I donít really have a question or a problem, Iím just curious, and maybe it might be of interest to others.
    Bob Wall

Thanks
    I get the same thing from time to time. I have a couple of thumb drives that are NTFS, and a couple that are FAT32. For me, as long as Windows sees it and can read/write, I'm fine.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"óCaptain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."óM.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."óSir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows