2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Item deleted in a folder still shows

Hello to all Lounge members. I have tried a search to fix this but haven't really found anything that is exactly like my issue. Before I try any I thought I would try here.

The problem is simple enough. I have folder's that I created that holds movies, another folder holding music, etc. If I open the folder, select and right click and delete one of the movies or music video's it still show's as if its still there. If I back out of the folder and come back its gone. So this isn't about it not being deleted but about why does it not remove it from the list in the folder at the moment of delete. I think it may have something to do with Windows Explorer not updating itself, or refreshing itself? Maybe in the cache. Not sure but before I start mucking around why not ask. Hope I'm being clear. I'm running Win7, 64bit.

Thanks

Go Giants

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    It's surely Windows Explorer. If you right click a clean are in Windows Explorer and choose refresh, you will find that the item is gone. I have found this to be typical behavior in Vista and 7.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I mentioned I thought it was a refresh problem. This issue is new, only started a few weeks ago so I am not sure why I suddenly need to refresh a folder every single time I delete something and then move on to the next delete. Thanks for answering but was hoping for a fix.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I don't have a fix. This happens with my own Windows 7 desktop. There was a registry change to ensure the refresh, but I have found it ineffective.

You can see the problem is rather widespread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...eleting-part-2

I think it is worse when you have your folders set to be sorted by name.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, but this thread is long, but has several fixes. Maybe it will help your situation

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=1377261381372
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 6700][Asus Maximus VIII Hero][8GB G.Skill memory][Asus GTX 980Ti Strix][1 x 512GB Samsung 950 Pro][850W Seasonic PSU][Antec 900][Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit][2 x Asus PG278Q]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]

Administrator
    Thanks
    Some more possible solutions here: http://www.itworld.com/windows/25922...doesnt-refresh
    Rui
    -------
    R4

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. I'll just keep hunting. Not sure why this suddenly started but it looks indeed like a known problem with no specific fix.