New Lounger
    Thanks

can't use hyperlinks in incoming e-mail messages

I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 running in Windows 7 on an HP desktop computer. After I open an incoming email message I am unable to directly connect to the internet using the hyperlinks in an email message. Example: a list of recipe topics arrive in the email, say about 15. Moving the cursor over a specific title shows a hyper link to that location on the internet. It tells me to click to follow link but nothing happens. Was working fine until 2 days ago. This happens on all incoming email messages. No idea what has happened.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Rollie

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    I went to the page you suggested. Following the instructions I made Internet Explorer my default browser. I then went to my email and the hyperlinks worked by opening in IE browser. However, when I then again made Firefox my default browser, the hyperlinks stopped working.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rollie View Post
    I went to the page you suggested. Following the instructions I made Internet Explorer my default browser. I then went to my email and the hyperlinks worked by opening in IE browser. However, when I then again made Firefox my default browser, the hyperlinks stopped working.
    Update:

After following the previous suggestion, where it started working in IE but not Firefox, I then closed all browsers and Outlook. Upon reopening Firefox and Outlook it now appears that the hyperlinks are working again. Now I am confused. Not sure if it was the suggestions I followed or maybe it was just Comcast, who I learned had been having trouble with their mail delivery.

However, it is now working and that is the most important thing. That makes me VERY happy.

Whichever was the reason for the successful outcome, I am very grateful for the help with my problem and as in the past the people on here are the greatest people to work with when I have a problem I can't figure out. Thanks again.

Rollie

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I am glad your links are working again .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

rollie (2013-08-25)