New Lounger
    Thanks

Outllok 2013 slow opening attachments?

Win7x64ProSP1 (all current Microsoft Updates) running Office2013x64 and POP3 mail, with Symantec Endpoint Protect 12.1.3.xxxx (8GB RAM)

I have a user that had an 'issue' during a recent push of WSUS updates and restarted her computer 5+ times somehow resulting in a boot to SAFE mode. I finished the 17 (of 19) updates and also updated Lenovo hardware and Intel drivers. I had no problems during several hours of updating and running rudimentary Lenovo hardware tests.

Currently she is complaining of slow attachment opening (mostly .doc, some .pdf) in Outlook (while printing to a local printer and leaving the last doc open). Additional software is open in the background, including IE10. I witnessed a 3-10 second delay and reported this is to be expected considering everything else that is going on. She reports "longer, sometimes minutes" before attachments opened, and that any delay is unusual and unacceptable.

None of the other 40+ users of Outlook2013 or 10+ users of Outlook2010 have made me aware of any problems, and I am not experiencing any issues (with the same hardware and updates).

Has anyone else experienced delayed opening of attachments? If so what did you do to resolve it?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try clearing the "OutlookSecureTempFolder": Error opening attachments / Cleaning out the Temporary Outlook Files folder

Bruce

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Please check this link: http://forums.techguy.org/business-a...ing-links.html

Hope it will help you to solve you issue!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Looks like I have a full morning, provided my ISP doesn't send another tech to shut down...I mean 'upgrade' my service again today! Thanks for your replies. I'll post back.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    User reports a restart has solved the problem.

I guess when I asked if she had restarted and she said yes she thought I meant this week.

Thanks for the help all.