Thanks

Microsoft will continue to patch XP

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    At $200 per PC you'd be pretty hard pressed to make a business case for Custom Support unless you have some multi-million dollar apps that haven't been upgraded and are not going to be!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It's too bad Microsoft didn't have some inkling of this happening from a much earlier stage, they could have continued to support and upgrade XP and charged a reasonable amount that would have really added up over time. No way to foretell that though I don't think after Windows 7 was released and it was clearly a better OS (though not as good for many) and the uptake was so good for so long, and the fear is always that a legacy product too-well supported is going to hurt the newer product... But then, out of the mist it materializes with proximity, Microsoft's worst nightmare; the Iron Curtain of XP! I'm not saying it's good, not saying it's bad, saying it's a fact of history now however Microsoft decides to deal with it in the future. Too much to charge too late in the game in my opinion but a small monthly or annual subscription fee might work, otherwise this implied enterprise use level bunch are a savvy lot by now with years of operational experience; are they going to spring for very expensive support like this? I would say in most cases, probably not. Hmm, in review I said just about the same thing RG did except much less succinctly!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think only "Do nothing" or "Discount Windows 8 again" are very likely from "Microsoft's six options" in that article.

Bruce