3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OE 6 not installed with Windows XP (6)

I just installed Windows XP Pro as an upgrade from Win2k. IE 6 was installed (i had 5.5 before) but OE6 is nowhere to be found. I still have OE 5.5. I can't find 6 on the installation CD, it doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs/Windows components, and it doesn't show up on Windows Update. Why didn't it install, and where is it?

Fafner

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OE 6 not installed with Windows XP (6)

Let me add this to my previous post. I also went to the IE download site and attempted a download from there, thinking that this might also upgrade my OE5.5, but no luck. My version of OE seems to be untouchable. I can find no way of getting at it, either to upgrade or to uninstall. Why didn't OE upgrade along with IE when I installed XP?
    Anyone?

Fafner

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

You could try the suggestions in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=oe&Number=94813&page=0&view =collapsed&sb=5&o=0>this post</A>. I haven't tried it but it looks hopeful.
    Beryl M

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I looked at that post and didn't find anything relevant to my problem. I have Outlook and it works fine, but it is version 5.5, and my Windows XP upgrade from Win2k upgraded IE5.5 to IE6, but it didn't upgrade Outlook Express 5.5 to OE 6. I've posted in other forums as well, and no one has responded. This must have everyone stumped. I also emailed Microsoft on this (not that i expect to get a reply).

Fafner

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Is this a retail copy or a OEM copy?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This is a retail version of Windows XP Pro, full version, not upgrade version. I upgraded an OEM installation of Windows 2000.

Fafner