2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drive partitioning

Hi Guru's

The screen shot is attached are server drives as C drive is going to full day by day .Suggest any idea without any data loss to get some space from E: ?

regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Farrukh,
    You don't say what kind of stuff fills your C drive. My first suggestion would be to move that to the E drive...e.g. log files, data files, etc.
    My second suggestion is to move your pagefile from C to E. That should free up a few gigabytes on C.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    70GB is not enough for a servers system / OS drive. I would not have less then 100GB for Windows, unless it was a virtual machine and I could expand the disk at will.
    If both volumes are on the same physical disk you should be able to delete the partition that contains E: and add some of it to C:.
    Can you post a screen shot of the Disk Manager screen - Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc

cheers, Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Paul/ riffraff

Acutally i cannot delete the drive E: because it contains Sqlserver datafiles .mdf and ldf. Do we have any other way to give some space of E: to C:

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Only if the partitions are on the same physical disk, otherwise it's a new disk for C:.
    You will need to buy a server partition manager to shuffle the data around the disks - backup first.
    Partition Wizard
    Paragon
    This freeware "lite" version may work - not used it.

cheers, Paul