3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word and PDAs (Word 2000)

I need a bit of information. I intend to buy my wife a PDA for Christmas. She will be using the PDA for Word documents and Excel spreadsheets that will go back and forth from the PDA to our computer. Would she be better off with a PDA that has Windows as the OS or can she use a Palm? I was told that there is a program that allows one to use a Palm with Word and Excel. However, I need to know the pros and cons. I would appreciate any help and information.
    Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word and PDAs (Word 2000)

There indeed are products which allow you to use Word and Excel files on a Palm. They have to be separately purchased. However, with a Pocket PC OS PDA like iPAQ (and if I am not mistaken, with most Win CE-OS PDAs), Word and Excel (slightly stripped down versions) come pre-packaged, and hence if one of your intended frequent uses is to read/write using Word/ Excel, Palm is less preferable, and devices like Jornada and iPAQ make more sense.

In practice, most likely, you will read or make minor edits to these files on your PDA rather than creating them from scratch, for which you will most likely prefer your desktop/ laptop.

Thanks

Re: Word and PDAs (Word 2000)

You also might peruse the Palm OS and PocketPC boards for more comments and recommendations.