New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Windows 7 service pack 1 crashes! I need help fast!

My PC was working well before August, everything change my PC starts crashing out of nowhere. I got it check from a PC technician and recommends to reformat my PC which I did until I installed windows 7 service pack 1 and it starts crashing (BSOD). I had to do it twice just to be sure, contacted Microsoft about this issue got it solved, until I install one program photoshop CS4 (which worked fine before). Now my PC start crashing again called Microsoft again, telling it is virus which is impossible, so ignore that and reformat my PC again.

Now my PC is running well like before, but I am to worried to install windows 7 service pack 1 for it is necessary, so I need help! (Also downloading from their site have same effect as windows update).

Also my printer MFC-465CN seem to not be able to connect to my PC for it failed? I tried to install the drivers, but it won't connect?

Thanks
    Perhaps giving us some specs on your PC might be of assistance.

Also, was the original Win 7 OS an update of another OS (XP or Vista)? If so, have you reinstalled the original Win 7? Was this update a download? If so perhaps the original Win 7 download was corrupt.

You can download Win 7 with SP1 (use your original key) and see if this will work.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My PC specs are good and I done many test to know if it can run windows 7.(Plus i don't place the information)

Originally my PC was running Win Vista, but I upgrade to win 7 by downloading and burning on to the disc. I had no problems back then, but now my OS is acting not right.

The link that you gave might greatly help, I will let you know. Also if you or anyone can know what causing the OS 7 to act like that and if there is a solution to the problem?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Please post the details about the BSODs.

Joe

Thanks
    It sounds like you might have gotten a virus or malware. PCs not acting right often have these type of problems. Quite often these type problems work by not allowing a user to download apps that might help to clear up these problems.

I would think about seeing if someone with a known PC operating correctly could download the ISO file I linked to and burn it to a DVD for you. This would eliminate the possibility that malware is causing downloads to become corrupted.

If you do decide to go the reinstallation route with the ISO file, during the installation you can format the drive. Right after choosing Custom Install, on the next screen click the Advanced (Disk) Options, highlight the disk you are installing to and choose Format. This will leave a nice clean drive to install to.

Understand that all your apps will need to be reinstalled as well. Make sure you back up all your data. Make sure you have all your app keys available.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    SP1 could 'cause' problems, simply by being installed on a machine with an 'old' software already installed, or when there are already old hardware drivers in place. Some anti-malware programs can also partly block the successful install of a Service Pack (or an upgrade).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I used the disc before and it worked perfected even if my PC had BSOD, (I upgraded from Vista because it was crashing) but did a clean install after that and it ran well. Now I can run my PC well without the installing the windows 7 service pack 1, but I probably had the service pack when the it came out.