New Lounger
    Thanks

OPEN IE pages suddenyl go blank in WIN 8 in Classic Mode

New to the forum, so I apologize if this already has been dealt with. I didn't find it in a search.

I use the IE 10 browser when I'm in the Classic mode in Windows 8. After being in IE for a while and have several tabs open, when I try to do something on one of the pages (e.g., go to a different site or enter info into a page), the page suddenly goes blank. When I check other tabs, some of them are they are blank, too. I refresh the page, and sometimes it comes back up, but more often than not it doesn't. So I have to quit out of IE and restart it, and the whole process starts again.

Any thoughts on what demon I'm working with?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Does this always happen with a specific site?

Have you tried running IE with add-ons disabled?

Are both IE & Win8 up-to-date with patches?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I remember way back with windows 98 there was a time limit for inactivity on a web page , it was with the browser or the internal card to protect the system. In windows 8 could you have activated parental guidance?. If you did maybe these settings are the answe rMaybe this post will help more advanced members come up with an idea
    Good luck Bob