New Lounger
    Thanks

XP Pro cannot Change the way Users Log On/Off

I am resetting an old business PC from a Domain environment to a WorkGroup environment and have got most of the way there but would like set the welcome to the Classic version as the PC will be use at my local sports club.

I have two Administrator level accounts on the PC - the MS one and a user created account. I have logged on via both Admin accounts and have the same result. ie Control Panel | User Accounts | Change the way users log on or off | Checked "Use the Welcome screen" and "Use Fast User Switching" options, then Apply Options to 'Save the settings you chose'. The window closes and I then return to it to check the options are still set. Both options are always UNCHECKED.

I have done the same thing in SAFE MODE and get the same result. Web searches have pointed in a few direction such as registry tweaks but I still have the problem. I am sure this is a hang over from Domain environment setup and I have now hit the wall so to speak as to what I can do now. http://windowssecrets.com/forums/ima...lies/frown.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You might be able to find something in Group Policy. See the following article to

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb457014.aspx

To open your computers group policy click Start, Run (or hold down the Windows Key and press R) and type GPEdit in the box and press enter.

Good luck!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks BigMac56,

You were on the money.

Found in Group Policy
    Computer Configuration | Administrative Template | System | Logon | Always use classic logon, set as Enabled. Changed setting to Not Configured and bingo we are in business.

So problem now ~ SOLVED ~

Cheers,
    Al.