Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    KeePass allows you to drag n drop, but the learning curve can be a little steep.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PEYTON PLACE View Post
    The LastPass app is working fine except for the pesky Yahoo.
    I use LastPass with Yahoo (actually I have two Yahoo accounts) without any problem. What precisely isn't working for you?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yahoo has disabled the ability for FireFox to remember Yahoo logon details. I found that if you use the bookmarklet: <javascriptfunction(){var%20ca,cea,cs,df,dfe,i,j,x,y;function %20n(i,what){return%20i+"%20"+what+((i==1)?"":"s") }ca=cea=cs=0;df=document.forms;for(i=0;i<df.length ;++i){x=df[i];dfe=x.elements;if(x.onsubmit){x.onsubmit="";++cs; }if(x.attributes["autocomplete"]){x.attributes["autocomplete"].value="on";++ca;}for(j=0;j<dfe.length;++j){y=dfe[j];if(y.attributes["autocomplete"]){y.attributes["autocomplete"].value="on";++cea;}}}alert("Removed%20autocomplete =off%20from%20"+n(ca,"form")+"%20and%20from%20"+n( cea,"form%20element")+",%20and%20removed%20onsubmi t%20from%20"+n(cs,"form")+".%20After%20you%20type% 20your%20password%20and%20submit%20the%20form,%20t he%20browser%20will%20offer%20to%20remember%20your %20password.")})();>

it will bypass Yahoo's clever no remember option. At the Yahoo logon screen run the bookmarklet, then login. Firefox Password Manager will then offer to keep your details for you.

I found this via a Google search when I was faced with a forced PW change by Yahoo.

This site answered the issue <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/963553>
    Last edited by Harry.H; 2013-09-13 at 13:50.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Harry.H For This Useful Post:

PEYTON PLACE (2013-09-20)

Thanks
    As I understand it this isn't very secure. Anyone can see the password in any browser. The advantage of LastPass (and similar) is that they require a password to be able to see any passwords for any site and if you logoff from LastPass (perhaps by the option to do so when closing the browser), when you're not around no one can sniff your passwords. And you don't have to run wired JavaScript bookmarklets. Ah well, each to his own!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Get Autohotkey & install it. Not easy, but worth the pain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12