Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Lost Folder from Notification Area

Hi All,

Up until about a month ago, I had a folder on my Win7 Task Bar in the Notification Area (or just to its left) that I had created (it had 2 subfolders for Office 2003 and 2010 and each subfolder had shortcuts to the Office programs). At that time, the folder disappeared.

I checked the Taskbar Folders folder and my "Office Folder" is still there. I've done a little searching but found nothing addressing this. Anything dealing with the Notification Area seems to deal with specific Window programs like Safely Remove Hardware, etc (Windows items).

The above condition is on my User account, which I use 99.9999% of the time. I checked my Admin account and all is good there (Office Folder is still on the Taskbar/Notification Area).

I don't recall if there was some utility that I downloaded that allowed me to put icons of my choosing on the Taskbar/Notification Area. But having the Office Folder on the Taskbar was VERRRRY convenient.

Any ideas of what happened and how to get it back?

TIA.

Fred

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Fred,

Was it possible you had it as a custom toolbar?
    You can create a custom toolbar by right clicking on the Task Bar and Selecting ToolBars -> New Toolbar... and then just providing the location/name of the folder.
    CustomToolBar.JPG
    Don't forget to Unlock the Task Bar first if you have it locked as shown in the graphic above.
    HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi RG,

You're right. For some reason, I thought it was part of the notification area but it's to the left of the "show hidden icons" button which, I think, is the left-most part of the notification area.

Anyway, it's back and working. I have no idea of how I lost it.

Fred