New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy trouble printing in Win 7

I hope someone can help me with this. I recently upgraded one computer - a Dell Optiplex 360 - and purchased a new Dell Precision T1650. Both have Windows 7 Professional, one 32-bit and the new one a 64-bit. Now, both computers are having trouble printing: the printer squares the number of copies: if you put in 2, it prints 4; if 5, 25, etc. Not in all programs - the Optiplex is only in Printshop 23.1 deluxe; the Precision is in Word, and in Finale 2000b. Both have different printers, too - Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II and HP 6000 wide format. In researching the problem, I learned that other printers have had the same trouble, and also in the Vista OS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer's software, and went to the Canon website and downloaded the newest drivers. All that happened was, when I reinstalled the old drivers, it would only print one copy, no matter how many were chosen. The new driver went back to squaring the number.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Are you certain you installed 32 Bit drivers on the 32 Bit PC and like wise for the 64 Bit PC, 64 Bit drivers? It does not make a lot of sense that both PCs are having the same issue. Also, I guess I am not sure if both printers are having a problem with both printers, or each their own, etc.? Other than this, I am unsure what else the issue could be.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I went to the Canon & HP websites, and got the correct drivers installed. Then I contacted Canon Tech support; he helped a lot. I open the file to be printed, then click print but leave the number of copies set at 1. When the Canon print preview comes up, I set the number of copies there, and it works! Unfortunately, the HP print preview does not allow for this. I'm still trying to find the workaround for this.