Thanks

Know anything about paperblog.com?

I received an email inviting me to join my blog to "Paper blog". Does anyone know anything about this site? Nothing in search here, lots from Google but who put it there?

This is the email invitation I received:
    "Having come across your blog, Fur-licity, I wanted to get in touch to introduce you to Paperblog. We are a new media sharing platform for blog writers and we would like you to be a part of it. We think a lot of the content on your blog would particularly interest readers in the Self-Expression and Pets Magazines.

With so much information online, it can be difficult for Internet users to find the best blog content and most relevant articles. Our aim is to identify and promote the best blogs- such as yours- and to publish the articles on our digital platform in ‘Magazines’, in turn sharing them with a wider audience.If the concept interests you, all you have to do is submit your blog. It already adheres to all our quality criteria, and we believe that your articles would prove very interesting for readers. You may submit it here, http://en.paperblog.com/accounts/inscription/blogger/. You might also like to take a look at our other language sites which receive over 9 million visitors a month on http://www.paperblog.com

Each article would be accompanied by a link to the original article at the beginning and end of the piece, your name/username and your ‘author profile’. The top, most interesting, articles are selected daily as ‘Editor’s Picks’, along with the ‘Author of the day’; articles which are all carefully reviewed by our editorial team. The homepage is also reviewed on a daily basis, providing a new, free and participative service to users.

I hope that you are interested in the Paperblog service. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Emma

emma@paperblog.com
    Communications Manager Paperblog
    http://en.paperblog.com
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

....end copy....

Barbara
    (blog is my dogs' )

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Started as a French language site, as far as I can tell, WOT has almost nothing on it: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/paperblog.com

Obviously, they'll be making money from you, why else would they target you? Andrew Carnegie they aren't. What does your dog think about it ?

Thanks
    Thanks Satrow. Daisy, being a dog of exceptional wisdom suggested I bring it up on this forum.
    I presume they would make money somehow, and the email does mention ads. I tend to be tho, on the suspicious side!

Thanks
    These days, when someone sends me an invitation to join their endeavor, I am automatically suspicious. I automatically figure that there are unseen strings attached, strings which will make me regret in some way my decision to join.

If, however, I actually do want to join some endeavor similar to the one you have described, I would research it myself and then join whatever I felt was genuine and was what I was interested in.

I recall not too long ago, I owned a Mercury Grand Marquis. I was having a problem with my car, which I wanted to fix myself if possible. I found "The Mercury Connection" on the Mercury website, which claimed to offer free repair information and assistance for those who wanted to repair their own cars. I quickly joined, entering a lot of personal info in the process. I then described the problem my car had, hoping to get some expert assistance. What I actually got was an invitation to go to my local Mercury dealer to get the car fixed!

Nowadays, it's far worse and more intrusive than that. That's why I am suspicious of all such unsolicited invitations.

Thanks
    Mr Jim! The Club Smart Car site does just what you were looking for ... but for Smart Cars! Hope you were able to fix your Merc.

I did notice some relationship between Paperblog and WordPress in my first search - perhaps WP is trying to woo folks away from blogspot - which has something of a "blog of the day" function built in.

Privacy is one of my concerns online. Be interesting sometime to test each others' sites.

Thanks
    I actually did fix my car. A coworker's brother was a Ford mechanic, and he recommended that I purchase a $15 part. I installed it -- very easy to do -- and the problem was solved. The Mercury dealer, however, wanted a bunch of money just to check the car, and couldn't get to it for a couple of weeks! By the time the Mercury Connection got back to me with their recommendation that I call the dealer, I had already fixed the car.