Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Interior design software?

Hi All,

A friend is doing some room designs for a new place. She'd like to see how the room would look with different treatments.

For example, she should take a picture of the room with furniture in place. But then would like to be able to add different curtains, drapes, carpet, rugs, wallpaper, paneling, etc. The latter would be in a "library of treatments" (that can be added to to include additional treatements) that need to get added to the picture of the room to see what the finished room looks like.

Probably ease of use is important for her.

I've seen software that does something similar for picture framing: had a picture to be framed and went to a local craft store. I selected the frame and matting that I was considering. They put the picture down on a flatbed and the screen showed me how the picture would look with the frame/mat I selected. If I didn't like it, just select another frame/mat and voila - see the "finished" product again.

Any suggestions for software that does something like the above for room decor?

TIA

Fred

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I would do a Google search for one.
    There are so many out there, but I think you may have to buy the program unless you can find one for free..

Here's one from Target. http://www.target.com/p/total-3d-hom...FYo7OgodghQAJQ

How good it is I have no idea but it's only 20.00
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks.

I wouldn't have had a clue where to start since I wouldn't know what to search for.

I went to the link you posted. I'm not sure that's the kind of product I'm looking for (see my 4th paragraph). But, as you said, it's $20. Maybe that will get me started.

Fred

Thanks
    Well, maybe you can find a trial version and try it.

I use a Cadd program but not for you, it costs about a 1000.00 and I use it mostly for making plans and drawings and it has a long learning curve.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Furniture Designer In Delhi

OFIA is poised to be able to deliver the best of local and international experience and talent to make their offering unique and inimitable for clients wanting access to a range of skills and a wide pool of knowledge and expertise.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Home Theater Designer India

OFIA is one of the most effective company that is provided the good creator style of residential housing ,bar ,home theater designing Delhi India