Thread: Patch Tuesday

Thanks

Patch Tuesday

Windows Update had 24 important and 1 optional update for my desktop (Office 2010 is installed). I ran all of them, did the reboot and then sfc /scannow. All is well, so far.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I'm doing so now. Will check back afterward (after I make my new Image of course).
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I have an image set from 9/7/13, I'll make another today. Then I'll reboot into Windows 7, update it and create a new image set for that OS as well.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Hey Y'all,

I just took images then did the updates Win 8 Pro & Office 2010 totaled 25 all successful, at least according to Windows Update.
    I'll report back if I encounter any anomalies. Like Bbearren I'll do my Win 7 HP desktop & laptop shortly.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    No problems here after installing all updates (25 here as well). We'll see how things go for the next few days.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Norton Internet Security 2013 has decided that mscss7wre_en-dub (suspicious.Cloud.7.EP) in one of the Office 2013 updates of todays "patch Tuesday" is a threat (a Heuristic Virus) and has quarantined it(!) I suspect this is because the file is "new" to Symantec and that it will be safe to "undo" the quarantine.
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    See Microsoft botches still more patches in latest Automatic Update. See paragraphs 2,3,4 & 5. Ignore the usual rant in the others. I had the problem described about the navigation pane disappearing in Outlook 2013. Installing the August hotfix mentioned resolved the issue without having to unistall and reinstall any of the other patches.

Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Joe,
    KB 2760411, KB 2760588, and KB 2760583 are parts of the MS13-072 and MS13-073 security patches for Office 2007. There are many reports of the patches being offered and re-offered and re-re- ... you get the idea. On sevenforums, poster harin35 says:
    Yep! I've installed them 3 times, all successfully or so says MS Update, on my laptop and still they get offered!
    I don't even have Office 2007 I have 2003 installed on this machine but it does have the compatibility pack installed.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Joe,

Yep! I've installed them 3 times, all successfully or so says MS Update, on my laptop and still they get offered!
    I don't even have Office 2007 I have 2003 installed on this machine but it does have the compatibility pack installed.
    I'd just hide them and be done with it. I think you've probably got them installed by now.

Joe

Thanks
    Windows 7 in my dual boot is now updated (28 total, over half Office 2010 and 4 Office 2007) checked with sfc /scannow, defragged and being imaged as I type this.

I checked my update history to see if I was being offered updates that have already been installed, but didn't find any. So far, so good.

Unleash Windows