Thanks

stupid useless zoostorm freedom10-270 has problems:

Hi

My zoostorm freedom10-270 netbook has problems so im hoping to get some help wit any of them

Its running xp pro sp3 [just installed and the hd was formatted]

I need drivers. its got a wireless network adapter since the makers sent me Ralink software, its got no audio device drivers installed, screen brightness control not working. but more importantly i cant connect to internet so i cant get device manager to look for drivers. i want to connect either with cable to my netgear wireless router or by wireless. i get a strong wireless connection but cant connect to internet, it could be trying to connect through the netgear router although i didnt set it up.

Battery meter is not accurate, only charges up to about 60 pcand runs out of charge before it reads 0%. I can charge up to 60pc, then if I unplug charger for a moment then plug in again it will charge up to 65 pc [this has to be done several times for the extra 5 pc], Any idea why this happens?. i realize that batteries have circuitry that reports there condition to the computer. there is not facility in the bios to recalibrate this

the bios only has 3 tabs and no mention of network adaptor

Any ideas appreciated as the makers are proving damn useless

Thanks mark
    Last edited by qaz; 2013-09-12 at 02:03.

Thanks
    Any chance you know someone with internet connection to download the drivers to a flash drive?
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    i have both and an external optical drive, but no luck looking for the drivers

i have just heard from the makers and they say this model dose not support xp, but i am not convinced as they keep giving me wrong info about everything else. can anyone confirm that
    Last edited by qaz; 2013-09-12 at 08:40.

Thanks
    In looking at the Zoostorm web site, it appears they are correct. This PC default OS is Win 7 with an upgrade avail. for Win 8. There may not be drivers for Win XP. Sorry.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    thanks for looking

interesting, some one was offering win xp 32bit drivers fore it, probably malware. anyway i am going to install win 7, its only got one gb ram , do u think this would win 7 64bit a bit slow?

update: i just tried installing win 7 64 bit. error said something like "cant install check if this os is compatible" did u happen to notice whether its 32 or 64 bit that it supports, or could u point me in the right direction to find out

thanks
    Last edited by qaz; 2013-09-12 at 14:21.

Thanks
    heard back from the makers and its only 32bit.

anyone have ideas about thew battery problem?:

Battery meter is not accurate, only charges up to about 60 pcand runs out of charge before it reads 0%. I can charge up to 60pc, then if I unplug charger for a moment then plug in again it will charge up to 65 pc [this has to be done several times for the extra 5 pc], Any idea why this happens?. i realize that batteries have circuitry that reports there condition to the computer. there is no facility in the bios to recalibrate this

thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Thanks
    thanks ....may send the battery baCK an get a new one. i may have successfully re-calibrated it as the max charge it holds is now down by 20 pc