New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't refresh or reinstall windows 8

I am needing help with a problem. I have a sony vaio computer. My windows 8 apps stopped working. So, I uninstalled them, then tried to re-install them. I then got the message. Something happened and can't install. Error code 0x80070426. I ran a trouble shooter and it stated that my pc was not trusted. I tried to trust the pc. I tried it in chrome and explorer. It keeps telling me to "Visit https://account.live.com/trustdevice on Internet Explorer from the Windows 8 device you would like to trust." I am on the device. So, I read that it might because the avast shields are on. So, I disabled those and tried to refresh. The refresh did not do anything. Then I was thinking that I will just clean and re-install from the windows 8 screen. When I did the remove everything and re-install windows. It did not do anything but restart my computer. Everything is exactly the same. Can someone please tell me how to get the re-install windows to work. I got my computer from rent a center. It was brand new out of the box. I opened the box when I got home so i know that it is brand new. I have sent it back to get fixed once and can not go another 2 weeks without my computer. Any kind of help would most be appreciated.

thanks so much!

Thanks
    Do you have an installation media? According to Fred Langa's article this week the Reset function (remove everything and re-install windows) requires an installation media if the app cannot find the proper installation files anywhere. The problem could be that the Reset Function cannot find these files on your PC.

If you have the ISO file you can burn it to DVD and do the Custom Install from the DVD. If you still have the email MS sent when you first purchased Win 8, the method to restart the process is included with the email.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The laptop came with windows 8 already installed. It never asks me these questions. It goes from the reset pc screen and then straight to choose either just remove files or fully clean drive. then it just restarts. i never see the screen that says ready to reset. i choose full clean and it goes straight to restarting the laptop. So, i don't know what is going on.