Lounger
    Thanks

FF popup blocker stops working

Recently the PopUp blocker of Firefox isn't. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling FF. No change. I'm running FF 23.0.1 on a Windows 7 machine. Any suggestions to get these things blocked again?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Try the Reset feature: Help > Troubleshooting Information and click the Reset Firefox button, top right.

Lounger
    Thanks
    No joy, followed directions. Restarted Firefox to get one of my add-ons running again and got a popup asking me to install classic media player. Following was the link from that popup = http://lp.vertitechnologygroup.com/m...eqid=252723240

I had a sense it's not a good link to follow.

Thanks
    I suggest you take that as a hint that whatever add-ons/plugins/software you have installed from that company should be uninstalled.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll double check, but my plug ins are from the outfits like Adobe, NVIDIA, Apple, Norton, etc.