New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs down Lounge Lizards beware!!! Firefox doesn't work with eBay

Hi All,

I hope I'm in the right category, if not could one of the moderators move it.

I'm a subscriber to Windows Secrets and thought this post could help contribute as a warning to those who, like me, may have had a negative experience with ebay because of some technology glitch in ebay's systems that does not faithfully render auction details.

You can read about the situation here, as I posted in a forum called Red Flag Deals (a consumer form in Canada): http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfder...-less-1381554/

What's interesting however, is that once this post garnered some traction and one member suggested I reach out to other tech blogs (like I'm doing here as a Windows Secrets subscriber) ebay contacted me saying they are going to review my situation.

I think ebay knows they have a problem.

Anyhow, if you've got the time, read the linked post and please respond if you've experienced a similar issue with viewing auctions.

Take care

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    I've edited your thread's title. It is inflammatory at best and possibly defamatory. That is especially so given this in a cited ebay response:
    We definitely don’t want members to think that we don’t care
    FWIW, it is not unreasonable for any company receiving an isolated claim of a defect in their website from someone who hasn't provided substantial details as probably being from someone whose own system is defective. Even reports from a few users doesn't change that.

I monitor numerous forums/boards and I often see people complaining that MS Office/Windows has faults that, at the end of the day, come down to installation/configuration errors and/or user error. One persistent example has been the failure of Adobe Acrobat to faithfully display fine autoshape lines & borders in PDFs produced by Word, yet the same PDFs print correctly from Acrobat and other PDF viewers. Some people complaining about this get quite heated about a supposed defect in MS Office, refusing to accept that the problem is in Acrobat - a point easily demonstrated by changing Acrobat's zoom.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]