New Lounger
    Thanks

Cursor trapped in image

I'm using Word 2002. I inserted an image into the top half of a page, sized it and moved it, and now I find the cursor is trapped in the image, so I can't put text in the lower half of the page. Closing and reopening the document doesn't help. This happened to me a few months ago, but I can't remember what I did to free it up. Feeling somewhat dumb.

Thanks
    Delete the image. Now go to where you want to insert the image, and put a bunch of blank lines (hit ENTER several times).

Now, go to the middle of the blank lines, and insert your image.

The idea is, you can't put the image at the very end of the document. You need to have something after it. If the image is at the very end of the document, you won't be able to easily go past it and continue typing. But by adding a few blank lines after where the image will go, you have somewhere to go past the image in order to be able to keep typing.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't understand exactly what trapped in image means; if you press enter does the cursor jump down one line inside the image? If so then you probably have Word Wrap turned on for the image with text in front or behind image. Do you get a little Picture toolbar when the image is selected? Setting is there if so.
    Sent from Windows ME thru Opera 10.63...just before they crashe

Thanks
    I think his image somehow got to the very end of the document, and he can't get the cursor past it. Happened to me many times.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Suggest you turn on PARAGRAPH MARKS (or ALL) in the Tools, Options, View tab. You should then see a Paragraph Mark (¶) at the bottom right of the image. If you click between the image and the mark you can insert another paragraph (hit enter) and the first one will appear in the right place for you to enter text.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    shift control end should take you to the bottom of the content
    hit CR a lot

you should see a cursor you can use at the end

if your image had a cursor in it when you captured it
    there is nothing you can do about that
    it is part of the picture

delete and create an image with the cursor somewhere else so it is not seen

Lounger
    Thanks
    We desperately need a screenshot or the original document here. I wonder if the image is floating and the cursor is behind it. How is the picture entered? If you change its wrapping attribute (in the Format Picture dialog, Layout tab) to 'In line with text' it will follow the bit of text it is anchored in. Any of the other options mean it is on the drawing canvas which is handled quite differently by Word.
    When it is in-line, you only need press the left arrow key to move the cursor beyond the image -- the image is effectively seen as one character.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the answers, and sorry to be so late in responding. I closed and opened the document several times, and finally I could get the cursor to move downward with the Enter key. No idea what happened.