Star Lounger
    Thanks

Live Mail reboots

I am using Windows Live mail on a windows 7 32 bit system. I have been using this computer for over 2 years and lately when I close Live Mail it reboots itself and I need to close it again. I don't use a Live Mail account. When I send/receive mail my accounts are accessed and downloaded to my computer. I have a Gmail account as well as accounts provided by my ISP that are downloaded. No Hotmail or Livemail accounts. Most of the time I may have IE open. Any ideas?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi xyiegphriedt,

Here's how my mail is set up. HIH. Mail Tips.pdf
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Your tip is for setting up gmail. My gmail works ok. I want to know why Live Mail reopens after I close it. Just started doing this a week ago.

Thanks
    What version of WLM are you using? WLM works better if used signed in.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    WLM Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). I there is a new version I don't know about it. I have set my computer back a couple restore points to what should be before I started having this problem. WLM continues to restart the first time I close it. After it restarts and I close it, it stays closed. So still trying to find out why it restarts.

Thanks
    You are using the worst version of WLM. When 2011 was released, I stayed with 2010 version till 2012 was released. Click my link to upgrade to 2012 and select only what you want installed. You will not lose ANYTHING in the process. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=overviewother

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

xyiegphriedt (2013-09-20)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just downloaded the mail through your link. As I said I didn't know there was a newer version. I closed the new version and it has not restarted. So whatever the problem was I think this has solved it. We will see what happens when I do some updates in the future.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    One of the best programs for any PC, is Filehippo's Update Checker, I use the portable version. http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker/

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here we go again. After downloading the Live Mail 2012 and having no reboots since Sep 20 it started doing it again yesterday Sep 23. The solution for the time being is to just leave Live Mail running all the time or just close it again when it reboots. Btw, I do not log in to Live Mail. Just would like to know what it causing this. Thanks all.

Thanks
    Hi xyiegphriedt,

There are 2 things that might help. First, try using WLM signed-in. Second, double check all possible settings by doing as shown in this WLM Options.pdf