Thanks

Question Update listed as Optional and as Recommended

I currently have 3 computers running Windows 7: two Acer netbooks (different models and different chipset) and a refurbed Dell desktop.
    On the netbooks update 2836943 for .NET 3.5.1 is listed as optional but on the Dell desktop, it is listed as recommended. I'm trying to determine why and any suggestions appreciated.
    The Dell was refurbed from XP by a licensed refurbisher and I even got a Windows 7 disk with it! It is running a 32 bit version of Windows 7 Pro. The netbooks are running 64 bit 7 Home Premium.
    Could it be because the Dell used to run XP or because it is running Pro rather than Home Premium? It is a home computer and I don't use the three extra features the Pro version offers over the Home Premium version
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...mpare#T1=tab01

Thanks
    Do all three have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed?

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

The difference in bitness (32 -64) can also be a factor here.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Yes, all computers have SP1 and I follow Susan Bradley so I install all the Microsoft updates as she recommends.The Acers currently have 3 hidden from September 2872339, 2876315, and 2868116 and the Dell has 5 hidden from September (the .NET listed as recommended rather than optional and 2853952 which was not offered to the Acers).