New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010: receiving duplicate messages

Just recently, perhaps over the last month, I have been receiving two messages for each message on a particular email account. They are not identical although they look identical (the first is alway a few k smaller than the second).
    My setup is reading messages into Outlook 2010 from 5 email accounts, 3 of which are gmail accounts. the problem account is a gmail account.
    I don't believe that I made any change prior to this problem, but may be wrong.
    When doing Send/Receive All Folders The two messages do not come through together.
    I have a large number of rules, but I do not believe I made a change to these to cause the problem. In any case, almost all of the rules end with "and stop processing more rules".
    I have tried deleting all rules except a couple of simple rules for filing returned receipts.
    I have even deleted the problem account from outlook and recreated it. The problem remains.

Any ideas?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Do you have any of the Gmail accounts automatically forward any email?

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

Warwickw (2013-09-18)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Stupid of me not to think of that. I don't know how it happened as I did not even know how to do this until now. I have removed the forward and it seems to have been fixed with my test message.
    It is interesting that when the message is forwarded to another mailbox, it still appears in Outlook to have been sent to the forwarding address.

Thanks very much!

Warwick

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    The disposition of the message in the originating account usually depends on a setting in that account. You can specify whether or not to retain a copy in the original account for an automatically forwarded message. Anyway, glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back.

Joe