Thread: FireFox 24

Thanks

FireFox 24

Hey Y'all,

I've just been upgraded! Will report any problems.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I've updated too without any (obvious) issues. However, I noticed a link under the menu item 'help' called Firefox Health Report. Looks interesting and I wonder if others have seen it, as I've not seen any comments about it. Slightly worrying that I've been on the internet for 263 days (well FF has been open). It doesn't actually say from when though. FF has been open 3.6 days this month though.

One thing I don't understand is that it says I've had 58 crashes this month (none of which I've noticed) and the last was on the 1st, which seems unlikely.

It also tells me I have 544 bookmarks - so many (though some of you might say 'so few'!)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    From Firefox-24 Health Report: I have 970 bookmarks!
    How? Deleted/visited included?
    Now I worry. Why save everything? Does it matter? Or is it a pot of gold to be mined?)
    And the updated ver.24 is the slowest on startup!
    Good news, though, I have zero crash.
    Do I need to know this?
    How about weight-to-fat ratio for Firefox? And cholesterol level?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OMG, 24, and I haven't taken the plunge with 23 or 23.01 yet. Sounds like a lot of crazy things happening with this one guys. Looks like I'll be staying with FF22 unless I can (and want) to get 23. I seem to be hearing about arrows in backs!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    FF 24 breaks Flashblock.

I live in peripheral vision and can't bear to have anything moving or changing on my screen. It's distracting and steals my attention from what I'm doing. I've used Flashblock (along with, of course, Adblock Plus) for years to stop the garbage, but I'm now getting Flash ads under FF 24. (It may have started under FF 23.)

I'll gladly switch to any Flash blocker that works, but I've tried several and none of them work under FF 24.

Does anyone know of a blocker that works under FF 24? If not, I'll go back as many FF versions as I needed to get Flash out of my field of vision. Which FF version still lets a Flash blocker work? Also, and please point my way to the method to move back to that version.

Many thanks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally bit the bullet and updated to FF24 about two weeks ago with no apparent problems. I had to update my youtube video downloader again, but that was not a fault of FF24. FF health report seems to be working accurately (unlike before), and I now have Tabbed Browsing all the time (I can't disable it anymore) but that's not a big deal, I'm actually starting to like it. I skipped over FF23.01. Just a little report for what it's worth.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used Firefox for years, however, I installed Firefox 25 and have a mess. I have no bars across the top or any other way to do anything. The page with the emblem is all I have. I finally found a place to ask questions but have not received an answer. I would like to uninstall and reinstall 25. Can you tell me the best way to uninstall and reinstall. (please include each detail as I am not accustomed to uninstalling programs.)

Thanks, Twinkie

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkie View Post
    I have used Firefox for years, however, I installed Firefox 25 and have a mess. I have no bars across the top or any other way to do anything. The page with the emblem is all I have. I finally found a place to ask questions but have not received an answer. I would like to uninstall and reinstall 25. Can you tell me the best way to uninstall and reinstall. (please include each detail as I am not accustomed to uninstalling programs.)

Thanks, Twinkie

I wish I remembered how the uninstalling is done so I could tell you myself. I've seen other posts under Third-Party Browsers where it (uninstalling) was described in detail. It will take some looking in the posts where people have had a major problem with FF such as yours. It can be done, nd I believe it will take you back to the previous version of FF. Good luck.

Thanks